- 50 minutes
- 60 minutes
- 75 minutes
- 90 minutes
- 100 minutes
- 120 minutes
If you’ve never worked with Excel spreadsheets or you haven’t for several years, this session is just what you need. Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, takes you step-by-step through the basics of Excel spreadsheets, enabling you to create functional spreadsheets and manipulate large amounts of data. He explains the different types of files you can create, Excel’s rows and columns grid, keyboard shortcuts to simplify repetitive tasks, and more.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in the Office 365 version of Excel. David draws your attention to any differences in the older versions of Excel (2019, 2016, 2013, and earlier) during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
Office 365 is a subscription-based product that provides new-feature updates as often as monthly. Conversely, the perpetual licensed versions of Excel have feature sets that don’t change. Perpetual licensed versions have year numbers, such as Excel 2019, Excel 2016, and so on.
Topics/Areas Typically Covered:
- Eliminating duplicates from a list with just a few mouse clicks.
- Gaining control of long lists of data by filtering instead of sorting.
- Simplifying repetitive tasks by creating your own keyboard shortcuts.
- Copying formulas efficiently down one or more columns at the same time..
- Using a keyboard shortcut so you’ll never have to manually type $ signs in a formula.
- Becoming familiar with Excel’s grid of rows and columns.
- Navigating large workbooks with ease by way of a hidden menu as well as keyboard shortcuts.
- Learning about the different types of files you can create in Excel.
- Managing column widths within your spreadsheets.
- Cutting and pasting data from one part of a worksheet to another.
- Understanding Excel’s Freeze Panes feature.
- Preventing errors from the start by choosing from thousands of free Excel spreadsheet templates.
- Understanding how deleting worksheets affects your ability to undo any previous actions in Excel.
- Bringing Excel’s green error-checking prompts under control by managing the underlying rules.
- Learning the nuances of copying formulas within Excel spreadsheets.
Learning Objectives/Why You Should Attend:
- State which mouse action reveals a hidden menu when you drag one or more columns or rows.
- Recall which keyboard shortcut undoes your last action in Excel.
- Identify the command that enables you to save a document as a .PDF file, regardless of your version of Excel.
- Accounting and Finance
- Excel Users
- Human Resources
Target Job Title:
- Income Tax Preparers
- Enrolled Agents
- Financial Consultants
- IT Professionals
- Human Resource Personnel
- Excel Users
- Government Personnel
About the Instructor:
David H. Ringstrom, CPA, is an author and nationally recognized instructor who teaches scores of webinars each year. His Excel courses are based on over 25 years of consulting and teaching experience. David’s mantra is “Either you work Excel, or it works you,” so he focuses on what he sees users don’t, but should, know about Microsoft Excel. His goal is to empower you to use Excel more effectively. To learn more about David, you can view his LinkedIn profile and follow him on Facebook or Twitter (@excelwriter).
Pricing and Format Options:
Click here to learn about the presentation format and view pricing information.
Click here to view other topics.