- 90 minutes
- 100 minutes
- 120 minutes
If you want to learn how to create and implement macros—one of Excel’s most powerful features—this presentation is designed just for you. Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, introduces you to the concept of Excel macros as well as to the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) macro. He also explains how to use the Record Macro feature and Excel’s Personal Macro Workbook. After participating is this webcast, you’ll be prepared to begin utilizing macros immediately.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in the Microsoft 365 (formerly known as Office 365) version of Excel. David draws your attention to any differences in the older versions of Excel (2019, 2016, 2013, and earlier) during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
Microsoft 365 is a subscription-based product that provides new-feature updates as often as monthly. Conversely, the perpetual licensed versions of Excel have feature sets that don’t change. Perpetual licensed versions have year numbers, such as Excel 2019, Excel 2016, and so on.
Topics/Areas Typically Covered:
- Discovering how to use Excel’s Personal Macro Workbook.
- Automating the cleanup of an accounting report in Microsoft Excel with a recorded macro.
- Recording a contact information macro.
- Automating a repetitive task, such as formatting a set of phone numbers consistently.
- Recording a macro to automate using Center Across Selection.
- Deciphering and managing Excel’s macro security prompts.
- Converting .XLS workbooks to the up-to-date .XLSX format with just two keystrokes.
- Understanding how macros are used in Excel, along with the risks and benefits associated with them.
- Learning the risks and frustrations of using merged cells in Excel worksheets.
- Learning how to use Excel’s Record Macro feature to create simple macros, without having any knowledge of programming.
Learning Objectives/Why You Should Attend:
- Identify how to prevent macros from being discarded from workbooks when saving.
- Recall how the Unhide command is used to locate and manage Excel’s Personal Macro Workbook.
- Define how to create general-use macros with the Relative Reference setting for Excel’s Macro Recorder.
- Accounting and Finance
- Excel Users
- Human Resources
Target Job Title:
- Income Tax Preparers
- Enrolled Agents
- Financial Consultants
- IT Professionals
- Human Resource Personnel
- Excel Users
- Government Personnel
About the Instructor:
David H. Ringstrom, CPA, is an author and nationally recognized instructor who teaches scores of webinars each year. His Excel courses are based on over 25 years of consulting and teaching experience. David’s mantra is “Either you work Excel, or it works you,” so he focuses on what he sees users don’t, but should, know about Microsoft Excel. His goal is to empower you to use Excel more effectively. To learn more about David, you can view his LinkedIn profile and follow him on Facebook or Twitter (@excelwriter).
Click here to learn about the presentation format and view pricing information.
Click here to view other topics.