- 50 minutes
- 60 minutes
- 75 minutes
- 90 minutes
- 100 minutes
- 120 minutes
Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, teaches you the basics of creating and using Excel pivot tables in this valuable presentation. Pivot tables enable you to easily create reports from complex data simply by using your mouse. He shows you how to initiate a pivot table from a list of data, add fields, dig deeper into the numbers, and much more. In addition, David points out pivot table traps and shares tricks to help ensure your reports are accurate.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in the Office 365 version of Excel. David draws your attention to any differences in the older versions of Excel (2019, 2016, 2013, and earlier) during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
Office 365 is a subscription-based product that provides new-feature updates as often as monthly. Conversely, the perpetual licensed versions of Excel have feature sets that don’t change. Perpetual licensed versions have year numbers, such as Excel 2019, Excel 2016, and so on.
Topics/Areas Typically Covered:
- Repositioning or removing subtotals within pivot tables.
- Auditing the data source behind pivot tables in Excel spreadsheets.
- Determining the one way you can incorporate blank rows within a pivot table.
- Understanding once and for all why pivot tables sometimes count numbers within a field instead of summing.
- Contrasting sorting data within worksheets to the nuances of sorting data within pivot tables.
- Identifying the ideal data for analysis with Excel’s PivotTable feature.
- Managing information overload by collapsing or expanding pivot table fields.
- Filtering pivot tables to show fewer columns and/or rows of data.
- Jump-starting pivot tables by way of the Recommended PivotTables feature in Excel 2013 and later.
- Utilizing the Tabular Format command to display pivot table data in two or more columns instead of a single column in Compact Form.
- Deleting a group of worksheets all at once from within an Excel workbook.
Learning Objectives/Why You Should Attend:
- Identify how to expand and collapse groups of data within a pivot table.
- Identify the best approach for formatting numbers within pivot tables.
- Define the default location for pivot table data when you click a checkbox for a given field.
- Accounting and Finance
- Excel Users
- Human Resources
Target Job Title:
- Income Tax Preparers
- Enrolled Agents
- Financial Consultants
- IT Professionals
- Human Resource Personnel
- Excel Users
- Government Personnel
About the Instructor:
David H. Ringstrom, CPA, is an author and nationally recognized instructor who teaches scores of webinars each year. His Excel courses are based on over 25 years of consulting and teaching experience. David’s mantra is “Either you work Excel, or it works you,” so he focuses on what he sees users don’t, but should, know about Microsoft Excel. His goal is to empower you to use Excel more effectively. To learn more about David, you can view his LinkedIn profile and follow him on Facebook or Twitter (@excelwriter).
Pricing and Format Options:
Click here to learn about the presentation format and view pricing information.
Click here to view other topics.