- 50 minutes
- 60 minutes
- 75 minutes
- 90 minutes
- 100 minutes
- 120 minutes
In this comprehensive presentation, Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, teaches you how to create resilient and easy-to-maintain budget spreadsheets. Among other techniques, David shows you how to separate inputs from calculations, build out a separate calculations spreadsheet, create both an operating and a cash flow budget, transform filtering tasks, and preserve key formulas.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in the Microsoft 365 (formerly known as Office 365) version of Excel. David draws your attention to any differences in the older versions of Excel (2019, 2016, 2013, and earlier) during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
Microsoft 365 is a subscription-based product that provides new-feature updates as often as monthly. Conversely, the perpetual licensed versions of Excel have feature sets that don’t change. Perpetual licensed versions have year numbers, such as Excel 2019, Excel 2016, and so on.
Topics/Areas Typically Covered:
- Mastering the IFERROR function to display alternate values in lieu of a # sign error.
- Crafting formulas to compute gross margins, projected sales, commissions, and related amounts.
- Preserving key formulas using hide and protect features.
- Building operating budgets quickly based on detailed supporting schedules that provide an audit trail.
- Employing the SUMIF function to sum values related to multiple instances of criteria you specify.
- Protecting sensitive information by hiding formulas within an Excel workbook.
- Improving the integrity of spreadsheets with Excel’s VLOOKUP function.
- Utilizing Excel’s Name Manager feature to review and manage named ranges within a workbook.
- Understanding why it’s worthwhile to build out supporting schedules to break down calculations used in budgets.
- Accessing free downloadable budget templates that can be customized as needed.
- Using the Name Manager feature to make corrections to range names or to store notes about assumptions.
Learning Objectives/Why You Should Attend:
- Define how to isolate all user entries to an inputs worksheet, while protecting all calculations and budget schedules on additional worksheets.
- Apply range names and the Table feature to create resilient and easy-to-maintain spreadsheets.
- Identify how to calculate borrowings from, and repayments toward, a working capital line of credit.
- Accounting and Finance
- Excel Users
- Human Resources
Target Job Title:
- Income Tax Preparers
- Enrolled Agents
- Financial Consultants
- IT Professionals
- Human Resource Personnel
- Excel Users
- Government Personnel
About the Instructor:
David H. Ringstrom, CPA, is an author and nationally recognized instructor who teaches scores of webinars each year. His Excel courses are based on over 25 years of consulting and teaching experience. David’s mantra is “Either you work Excel, or it works you,” so he focuses on what he sees users don’t, but should, know about Microsoft Excel. His goal is to empower you to use Excel more effectively. To learn more about David, you can view his LinkedIn profile and follow him on Facebook or Twitter (@excelwriter).
Pricing and Format Options:
Click here to learn about the presentation format and view pricing information.
Click here to view other topics.