- 50 minutes
- 60 minutes
- 75 minutes
- 90 minutes
- 100 minutes
- 120 minutes
Learn from Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, how to implement multiple techniques to create spreadsheets that are interactive, accurate, and user-friendly. In this presentation, David explains how to use the Data Validation feature to limit what users can input into a given worksheet cell. Data Validation also enables you to create on-screen documentation that appears when the user clicks on a cell, or if they enter an invalid value.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in the subscription-based Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365) version of Excel. David draws your attention to any differences in the older versions of Excel (2021, 2019, 2016, and earlier) during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
Microsoft 365 is a subscription-based product that provides new feature updates as often as monthly. Conversely, the perpetual licensed versions of Excel have feature sets that don’t change. Perpetual licensed versions have year numbers, such as Excel 2021, Excel 2019, and so on.
Topics/Areas Typically Covered:
- Bringing Excel’s green error-checking prompts under control by managing the underlying rules.
- Copying formulas efficiently down one or more columns at the same time.
- Discerning the nuance of entering text into worksheet cells.
- Getting oriented with Excel’s grid of rows and columns.Handling situations where numbers are presented as # signs on-screen and in Print Preview.
- Jump-starting spreadsheet projects using free, prebuilt templates in Excel.
- Learning about the different types of files you can create in Excel.
- Learning the nuances of copying formulas within Excel spreadsheets.
- Managing column widths within your spreadsheets.
- Mastering Excel’s order of operations for mathematical formulas.
- Navigating large workbooks with ease by way of a hidden menu as well as keyboard shortcuts.Preventing errors from the start by choosing from thousands of free Excel spreadsheet templates.
Learning Objectives/Why You Should Attend:
- Apply Excel’s Table feature to minimize spreadsheet maintenance.
- Recall how to restrict users from entering dates within a given range.
- Identify invalid inputs within an Excel worksheet.
- Accounting and Finance
- Excel Users
- Human Resources
Target Job Title:
- Income Tax Preparers
- Enrolled Agents
- Financial Consultants
- IT Professionals
- Human Resource Personnel
- Excel Users
- Government Personnel
About the Instructor:
David H. Ringstrom, CPA is the owner of Accounting Advisors, Inc., an Atlanta-based spreadsheet consulting firm that he started in 1991. Throughout his career, David has spoken at conferences on Microsoft Excel, and written dozens of freelance articles about spreadsheets. He offers Excel and Access training and consulting services nationwide.
Pricing and Format Options:
Click here to learn about the presentation format and view pricing information.
Click here to view other topics.