- 50 minutes
- 60 minutes
- 75 minutes
- 90 minutes
- 100 minutes
- 120 minutes
If error prompts often stop you in your tracks, this unique presentation by Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, provides the solutions you’ve been looking for. David digs into the dark corners of Excel to teach you how and why you receive error prompts when working in your spreadsheets. In great detail, he explains how to implement a number of Excel’s features and functions—tools you can use when Excel seemingly goes awry.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in the Office 365 version of Excel. David draws your attention to any differences in the older versions of Excel (2019, 2016, 2013, and earlier) during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
Office 365 is a subscription-based product that provides new-feature updates as often as monthly. Conversely, the perpetual licensed versions of Excel have feature sets that don’t change. Perpetual licensed versions have year numbers, such as Excel 2019, Excel 2016, and so on.
Topics/Areas Typically Covered:
- Resolving the issue that prevents you from being able to insert rows or columns.
- Discovering how to resolve the maddening “Too many different cell formats” error.
- Mastering the nuances—and the power—of Excel’s Transpose feature.
- Bringing Excel’s green error-checking prompts under control by managing the underlying rules.
- Utilizing the Error Checking command to locate cells that contain errors within a worksheet.
- Using Go To Special to select specific types of cells within a worksheet.
- Using the SUMPRODUCT function to count the number of # sign errors in a worksheet.
- Mastering the IFERROR function to display alternate values in lieu of a # sign error.
- Diagnosing formula errors, such as #VALUE!, #REF!, #N/A, and others.
- Identifying situations where VLOOKUP may return #N/A instead of a value.
- Learning what types of user actions can trigger #REF! errors.
- Learning the risks of linked workbooks, determining if a workbook contains links, and seeing how links can hide within Excel features.
- Determining if a recent security patch has perhaps compromised your installation of Microsoft Office.
- Learning what steps to take if you can’t open a damaged workbook.
- Updating perpetually licensed versions of Excel by way of service packs.
- Understanding how to launch Excel in Safe Mode to troubleshoot Excel issues.
Learning Objectives/Why You Should Attend:
- Describe how to use the IFERROR function to display alternate values in lieu of a # sign error.
- Recall how to improve the odds of Excel creating a backup copy of your work so you can recover easily from program crashes.
- Define how to bring Excel’s green error-checking prompts under control.
- Accounting and Finance
- Excel Users
- Human Resources
Target Job Title:
- Income Tax Preparers
- Enrolled Agents
- Financial Consultants
- IT Professionals
- Human Resource Personnel
- Excel Users
- Government Personnel
About the Instructor:
David H. Ringstrom, CPA, is an author and nationally recognized instructor who teaches scores of webinars each year. His Excel courses are based on over 25 years of consulting and teaching experience. David’s mantra is “Either you work Excel, or it works you,” so he focuses on what he sees users don’t, but should, know about Microsoft Excel. His goal is to empower you to use Excel more effectively. To learn more about David, you can view his LinkedIn profile and follow him on Facebook or Twitter (@excelwriter).
Pricing and Format Options:
Click here to learn about the presentation format and view pricing information.
Click here to view other topics.