- 50 minutes
- 60 minutes
- 75 minutes
- 90 minutes
- 100 minutes
- 120 minutes
It’s here! An Excel webinar dedicated to Excel for Mac users. This enlightening webcast presented by David Ringstrom, CPA, will empower you to quickly accomplish tasks that might currently be taking you several minutes or even hours to complete. David explains a variety of Excel’s timesaving features and shares helpful tips, such as how to filter data faster, streamline repetitive tasks, identify and remove duplicates, and transform unwieldy reports with Power Query.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in the subscription-based Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365) version of Excel. David draws your attention to any differences in the older versions of Excel (2021, 2019, 2016, and earlier) during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
Microsoft 365 is a subscription-based product that provides new feature updates as often as monthly. Conversely, the perpetual licensed versions of Excel have feature sets that don’t change. Perpetual licensed versions have year numbers, such as Excel 2021, Excel 2019, and so on.
Topics/Areas Typically Covered:
- Creating a self-updating list of worksheets in any workbook with Power Query.
- Creating instant spreadsheets such as amortization tables, timecards, expense reports, and more from templates.
- Discovering how to use the Flash Fill feature to separate first/last names into two columns without formulas or retyping.
- Eliminating duplicates from a list with just a few mouse clicks.
- Eliminating the need to manually resize charts when data is added—automate this with tables instead.
- Exploring the nuance of the 1904 date system and how it can cause dates to shift by 4 years.
- Exploring the risks and benefits of participating in the free Microsoft Office Insider program.
- Filtering a cleaned-up accounts receivable aging report to display only overdue amounts.
- Gaining control of long lists of data by filtering instead of sorting.
- Identifying duplicates in a list using Conditional Formatting.
- Inserting totals into lists with a few mouse clicks by way of Excel’s Subtotal feature.
- Learning how the Table feature empowers you to improve the integrity of Excel spreadsheets.
Learning Objectives/Why You Should Attend:
- Recognize how to avoid retyping text by using Excel features and worksheet functions.
- Recall how to easily compile large lists of data by filtering vs. sorting.
- Identify how to create self-updating charts by way of Excel’s Table feature.
- Accounting and Finance
- Excel Users
- Human Resources
Target Job Title:
- Income Tax Preparers
- Enrolled Agents
- Financial Consultants
- IT Professionals
- Human Resource Personnel
- Excel Users
- Government Personnel
About the Instructor:
David H. Ringstrom, CPA is the owner of Accounting Advisors, Inc., an Atlanta-based spreadsheet consulting firm that he started in 1991. Throughout his career, David has spoken at conferences on Microsoft Excel, and written dozens of freelance articles about spreadsheets. He offers Excel and Access training and consulting services nationwide.
Pricing and Format Options:
Click here to learn about the presentation format and view pricing information.
Click here to view other topics.