- 100 Minutes Live
In this presentation, author and Excel expert David H. Ringstrom, CPA, will guide participants into the world of Power BI and creating a basic dashboard. He will cover topics such as connecting Power BI to an Excel workbook, using Power Query to import sales and merging data from multiple sources. From there you’ll see how to create visualizations such as matrices and charts, apply conditional formatting, and utilize slicers for interactivity. Other features covered include creating sparkline charts, adding tables, formatting data, and enabling Drill Down mode. David will show you how to use natural language queries to build Power BI visuals, access Power BI sample data sets and reports, and exploring mobile layout and sharing options for Power BI reports. Whether you’re new to Power BI or looking to enhance your skills, this webinar will provide valuable insights and practical tips to help you make the most of this powerful tool.
David is the author of “Exploring Microsoft Excel’s Hidden Treasures: Turbocharge your Excel proficiency with expert tips, automation techniques, and overlooked features”. He demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in the desktop app for Power BI. The handouts include the Excel workbooks that he will use during his demonstrations.
Who should attend:
Professionals seeking to get an introduction to Power BI and creating dashboards.
Topics typically covered:
- Creating and utilizing timeline slicers in Power BI.
- Creating Top 10 style filtering in Power BI visualizations.
- Contrasting Drill Down and Hierarchy modes in Power BI.
- Formatting Power BI data.
- Connecting Power BI to an Excel workbook.
- Building Power BI visuals with natural language questions.
- Creating sparkline charts in Power BI tables and matrices.
- Resizing slicers within Power BI and creating charts.
- Adding tables to a Power BI canvas.
- Enabling Drill Down mode in Power BI.
- Creating mobile layouts and sharing Power BI reports.
- Enlivening staid lists of numbers with the Data Bars conditional formatting.
- State which command enables you to update a Power Query data set.
- Recall which command enables you to send data from the Power Query Editor to a Power BI report.
- State which Power BI task pane that you use to select objects that will appear on a Power BI report.
NASBA Field of Study:
Specialized Knowledge and Applications (2 hours)
About the Instructor:
David H. Ringstrom, CPA is the owner of Accounting Advisors, Inc., an Atlanta-based spreadsheet consulting firm that he started in 1991. Throughout his career David has spoken at conferences on Microsoft Excel, and written dozens of freelance articles about spreadsheets. He offers Excel and Access training and consulting services nationwide.
Pricing and Format Options:
Click here to learn about the presentation format and view pricing information.
Click here to view other topics.