- 100 Minutes Live
In this presentation, author and Excel expert David H. Ringstrom, CPA, will cover a wide range of topics to enhance your QuickBooks Online and Microsoft Excel skills. Learn the nuances of exporting QuickBooks Online reports to Excel and Excel’s Protected View feature. David will contrast extracting data from reports using Flash Fill and Text to Columns features and will show you how to streamline report filtering with the Table and Slicer features. You’ll see how to avoid frustration by identifying and converting reports that export from QuickBooks Online in the antiquated .XLS file format. David will also show you the power of using AI to analyze your data by way of the Recommended PivotTables, and Recommended Charts in most versions of Excel, and using natural language queries with the Analyze Data feature in Excel for Microsoft 365. Join us for this informative webinar and elevate your QuickBooks Online and Microsoft Excel proficiency.
David is the author of “Exploring Microsoft Excel’s Hidden Treasures: Turbocharge your Excel proficiency with expert tips, automation techniques, and overlooked features”. He demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in the subscription-based Excel for Microsoft 365. David draws your attention to any differences in Excel 2021, 2019 or 2016 during the presentation and in his detailed handouts. The handouts include an Excel workbook with most of the examples he uses during his demonstrations.
Excel for Microsoft 365 is a subscription-based product that receives periodic feature updates. Conversely, perpetually licensed versions have year numbers in their names and do not receive any feature updates.
Who should attend:
Professionals seeking to use Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks Online together more effectively.
Topics typically covered:
- Discovering how to use the Flash Fill feature to separate first/last names into two columns without formulas or retyping.
- Exporting customer contact lists from QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop.
- Exporting a transaction detail report to Excel from QuickBooks Online.
- Accessing sample companies to test drive functionality in QuickBooks Online Plus and QuickBooks Online Advanced.
- Utilizing the Split Column feature in Power Query to transform QuickBooks reports into analysis ready formats.
- Managing information overload by creating a Top 10 PivotTable.
- Exploring the Bing Maps feature to map customers by location.
- Using the Recommended Charts feature to create suitable charts from data with a couple of mouse clicks.
- Converting .XLS files compatible with Excel 2003 into the modern Excel workbook format.
- Summarizing accounting detail exported from QuickBooks into meaningful report by way of Excel’s PivotTable feature.
- Exporting lists and dashboard results from QuickBooks Online.
- Using Text to Columns in any version of Excel to quickly separate city, state, and ZIP code into separate columns.
- State the functionality that the Flash Fill feature offers.
- Recall which menu the Bing Maps feature appears on in Excel.
- Identify the type of data that Excel’s Top 10 filter can be used with.
NASBA Field of Study:
Specialized Knowledge and Applications (2 hours)
About the Instructor:
David H. Ringstrom, CPA is the owner of Accounting Advisors, Inc., an Atlanta-based spreadsheet consulting firm that he started in 1991. Throughout his career David has spoken at conferences on Microsoft Excel, and written dozens of freelance articles about spreadsheets. He offers Excel and Access training and consulting services nationwide.
Pricing and Format Options:
Click here to learn about the presentation format and view pricing information.
Click here to view other topics.